History Timeline - Famous Explorers
To begin our new unit 'Outdoor Adventures' we went on our very own expedition looking for famous explorers hidden around the classroom. We had great fun finding these 8 famous explores and used our mathematical knowledge of place value to help us order them on a timeline. We now know that a timeline begins with the event that happened the longest time ago and finishes with the newest event.
Today we became curious learners, interested in the past, when we began to ask historical questions about the Great Fire of London. we discovered that none of the class had any prior knowledge of the Great Fire of London so we were all excited to learn!
We made fire pictures and came up with a question that we would like to be able to answer by the end of our History unit. Some of the questions that we asked are listed below and if there is writing in brackets, it means we have already found out the answers!
- How did the fire spread? (The wind made it spread faster)
- Did it kill any people? (Yes and animals too)
- Was it started with petrol?
- Did someone leave their dinner burning?
- Did it burn down all of the houses? (Not all of the house, but many were destroyed)